Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yesterday marked three decades

My 20's sang their swan song, sweetly before they went into that "cold, dark night".   I spent my 30th with my husband, children, dad and grandfather.  It went by slowly.  Started out with eggs benedict, though.  D is so awesome.
Secretly, I had hoped that my husband has some grand plan to whisk me away to the City.  But it wasn't so.  
My birthday was perfect.  My little girl started using the toilet, what a great birthday surprise!  My husband made dinner...well, actually, we both made dinner.  I made dinner for him and the babies and he made dinner for me.  Shrimp and pasta for them and homemade pizza for me.   So yummy.

Now that I'm thirty, I'm wondering what's next.  Is life just beginning for me?  Somehow I feel like I need to set my goals again and move forward.  My priorities have changed.  Life is amazing.  It continuously shifts, changing the climate of your living conditions, forcing you to make decisions and adapt.  
Goodness, I'm sitting here thinking of all the lessons I've learned wondering which ones to share, but I have to say that the one piece of advice I will always live by is this: stay productively busy.

You know, I was reading a book to my babies today and this sentence stuck out:
"Busy workers make a happy home."
It's so, so true.  Stay busy, stay alive.  I'm thirty.  It's not the end and I'm not dead.

No comments: