Monday, December 27, 2010

I spent my Christmas in a cabin

35,000 feet in the air.

And, to top it all off, I think I’ve found my brain again.  It’s invigorating to have an intelligent conversation with someone about life, politics, education, books...you name it.  It’s been a while since I sat down and exchanged opinions with someone -- other than my husband.  Sat next to an older man on our flight back to PA.  It’s fun learning from someone who has been all over the board of life.  Had a great conversation.
With that being said:
At heart, I’m an academic.  I’m a little rusty, but I can feel the quaking desire to be sitting in class listening to an incredible lecture. 
    When we move, our youngest will be school age freeing me up to hit the books again!  How I can’t wait.  But what to study?  Somehow I think I’m waiting for an undiscovered talent of mine to surface and ...well, give me something to focus on.  But so far, I’m going back and forth between journalism and massage school.  Don’t ask. 

    If only I was into math.  Uhg.  I’m still young, right?  ...don’t answer that.  Being a mom I’ve discovered undiscovered parts of myself!  Yeah, I didn’t know that was possible either.  Somehow, in order to keep a sense of identity I needed to set up reasonable goals for myself to achieve.  And through the process of setting these goals I’ve honed older talents and discovered new ones.  It’s amazing.  Although, I have to admit that I wish I were better at certain activities.  It’s fun to be creative...but when someone wants to pay you for your creativity, that’s even better.  yes, yes it is.  Amazing how the Almighty Dollar can give this stay at home mom an upward lift in her mood swing.

So, before I get completely lost in all my day dreaming.  I’m going to focus on the immediate task ahead.  Raising my children.  Helping my husband get through school by cooking him lots and lots of brain food...like Julia Child’s recipes.  Faithfully teaching my Sunday school students.  And well, in general just being a responsible adult.  That’s pretty fulfilling in itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.