Monday, May 12, 2008

MatreDey

Yes, yesterday was a day for Mother's. And wow, wouldn't you know I'm a mother! Hahah, much to my surprise it wasn't only a day for every other mom but for me as well. I don't really think of this day as something that I should consider for myself but for my mom and all those other wonderful people who have invested half their lives mothering. I've spent only a mere two years...heh. Doesn't really feel like much or that it should be recognized but, I was recognized and I liked it! We spent the weekend at David's cousin's house and woke up to the smell of bacon, eggs, waffles, Russian crepes and hash browns prepared especially for us by the guys. Then we visited their church and returned home to have grilled burgers and chicken tostadas. It was nice to get out of the house and the area for those couple of days. Cylas had a great time with his cousins...fighting, screaming and playing together. I was blessed with two cards this year. One from my little boy...soooo cute! and one from my love. It was very sweet and made me feel so special. It takes some getting used to...this mommy thing. But, I love it. It's helping me to grow. And thank you to those sweet people who either called to recognize me or left blog messages. I really appreciate everything...
And a side note for those who have helped me to become...without those people I don't think Cy would have half the mommy he has today.

No comments: