Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Excitingly, wonderful changes!

So, Sunday night was the first of many new adventures as the Lewisburg UPC's newly appointed sign language interpreter. Yes, make no mistake. I'm moving on up in the world...hahah. And boy is it nerve wracking. My sign language is really rusty but, God is helping me to remember a lot. And the man I'm signing for is really understanding. Last night, me, David and brother from our church went to this man's house and gave him a bible study! It was really neat to see how hungry this man is for God. I never imagined that I would be signing but, I'm so thankful that I'm able to use my talent for the Lord. I just need to get better at it!! Joe, the deaf man, said that as soon as my sign starts to progress he'll invite more deaf people to church. So, pray that I get better quick!! He has a girlfriend who is also deaf that is willing to help me learn. So, I'll probably find myself taking lessons from her in the near future. After focusing on Russian so long, it's a little hard to change gears. I'm up for the challenge though and can't wait to be more useful in the deaf community. What fun!!

1 comment:

JanaFloyd said...

Yaeee!! That's great! We just started a deaf ministry at our church & have a handful of deaf members. I need to get back into that too.... there is so much I've forgotten over the years after moving away from our deaf neighbors. :(