Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Weekender...

Wow, if only.  A weekend getaway for me and hubster is virtually non-existent.  It doesn't help that I'm hopelessly in love with my little babies and have severe anxiety whenever I leave them for too long.  Uhg.  Such a dilemma.  I want a break but then when I'm able to get one I'm sick with worry and it ruins my break.  Shoot.  If my kids weren't so stinkin' cute and loveable
 
 

I wouldn't mind a three day weekend.  But I love these little rascals toooo much.  So, for now my "getaways" are limited to about three hours at a time about six months apart when I find a babysitter and some spare time between D's schooling and church activities.

And then, sometimes, duty calls and I have to answer like a good little grown up.  I'm the youth leader at our church and there is going to be a lock-in in a town, FOUR HOURS AWAY, and I'm going.  I'm going, the babies are staying and so is a piece of my heart.  *groan*

 Which brings me to my next dilemma, a bag to hold all of my stuff.  Stuff and stuff and no where to put it.  I've been looking for a while and man, the prices are so varied it's hard to choose between price, efficiency and quality.  You know that if you're going to spend $20 on something like this:





most likely you're going to not have the luxuries a bag twice as much would have like this:



*sigh* But all common sense and rational aside I think this is definitely something D and I would look good carrying on a short two day vacay to the city... (budgeting furiously)