Friday, January 11, 2008

Chapters...





Life has a rhythm and for me this rhythm is the cadence of a good book. It has many chapters and each chapter is unique. Sometimes, a particular chapter takes longer to complete than others. Well, the section in my life that passed happened to take six months. For six months, I dedicated my life to working 16 hours a week for a local non-profit. The experience gained was invaluable and the relationships I developed with my fellow workers so memorable. As I drove away for the last time today, the classical piece playing on my radio was coming to a close. It was very befitting to my situation and I choked up a bit. My throat tightened a little as I thought of all the memories created there, and the knowledge gained for my future. I'm so grateful for this chapter in my life...it was a dream of mine that was actualized. Thanks Opening Doors for all you've given to me and all you continue to give to our immigrant community...

1 comment:

Music Eloquence said...

I bet the people you worked with will never forget you. You are such a positive, fun, trusting, and trustworthy person.

PS You're really becoming a blogger now. You do better than me at posting. lol I like it. Keep it up.