Wednesday, September 12, 2007

School...and stuff


Today I made the last payment I'll ever have to make to UC Davis for my education. It was a bitter-sweet moment as I clicked the "make payment now" button. The last two years of my life have been spent on the seats and streets of the Davis campus. I've made some very special friends during that time. I'll never forget them and some even watch Cylas for me.
This last quarter I'm taking "Topics in Judaism" and "Modern Islam". HAH...how politically appropriate. I'm also taking a volleyball class with my good friend Zhanna. As it stands, I'm eagerly awaiting the day that I can say I'm OFFICIALLY graduated and I'm free as a ....caged bird. Well, I do have a large cage with lots of toys...but, ...well, another day, another time. I don't want to work. I want to stay with my little Cylas and raise him. But, I know that in order to make this boat float I'm going to have to stick my oar in the great big ocean...David can't do it all by himself all of the time. I do have plans to go back to school and get my master's in Russian but, I think that will be when Cylas is about five and ready to start kindergarten. And then there is David...he needs the chance to go to school too. Well, oook, I'm done talking now.

No comments: