Thursday, May 26, 2011

Grabbing my life by the list

When I was in college, my life revolved around lists.  It had to.  I had a lot of classes, projects, reading assignments and study sessions not to mention I was the mom of a very spunky little boy at the time.  Between school, the house duties, working on the weekends, picking up Cy from the sitter's and being a wife, my mind was in a constant whirlwind. 

You know those nifty little notebooks at Target?  I lived out of those.  Lived.  I would go through at least one little booklet every quarter and a half.  Then, I graduated and Facebook and my lists didn't mean anything anymore.  (Facebook was only a mild form of communicating with my classmates to swap study times and homework info NOT a way to keep in daily contact)

Why did I stop making lists??  Uhg.  I really need them to help keep me focused.  Yesterday I finally broke down and made a list.  It felt fabulous.  Every item, but one, was completed and it was such a rewarding feeling.  I'm doing it again today...making a list.  Must resurrect the habit.

No comments: