Monday, January 10, 2011

I have a secret


I get emotional about certain things. 

I'm the BIGGEST baby when it comes to people struggling with weight and weight loss.  Even though I have never struggled with it, I've been in close contact with people who have/do and I see the anguish in it all.  As of late, I have become somewhat of a partner to four different women on the journey to changing their lifestyles.  I have been profoundly impacted by this partnership.  Each week we all exchange emails and tears fill my eyes as I read about their success and their struggles. 
It's NOT easy.  But it's seriously the best journey one could embark on for a complete Renaissance.  Because that's what it is, it's a "rebirth". 
Losing weight effects your mind, not just your physical state.  I have had to shed a few pounds of baby weight and through sheer determination I did.  It was not easy.  In the end, it was only 5lbs but it may as well have been 20 because they weren't coming off.  Eventually, I passed that hurdle and it felt.so.good.  Small successes are HUGE successes because it touches places deep...like your heart and your mind.  
The two things you try to guard most in your life, because they can break or become damaged.

So, that's my secret.  Shhh.  But maybe, just maybe, there are people out there who have secrets, too...but good ones that can inspire someone to change, or keep going, or to give it another try. 

4 comments:

Fletters2Myself said...

Thanx for this Mish. I thought I was losing my mind for no reason.

The Rockers said...

What a wonderful gift to give another person. I'll make sure to give you a holler after the baby is born. I know I'll have much work ahead of me!

Sui said...

Jessica is pregnant??

East Coast-er Momma said...

You're welcome, Juln. No, you're not losing it it's normal.

Jessica: Well, I would love to be there for you...it brings me great joy, it really does.