Sunday, December 7, 2008

Things you never thought you'd think


This isn't going to be a long blog. I just had to write what's been on my mind. Since Roma's birth, I've been in constant prayer over my kids!! It's like I was hit with a tremendous burden for my children. Now, it doesn't mean I never prayed for my Cylas, on the contrary, every evening before bed either I or David kneel at his bed side and pray with him. But, now that I've been blessed with two children I feel the urgency to make sure my babies are raised surrounded by the things of God. My heart is so full of this desire. Every time I look in Roma's eyes or Cylas' eyes my heart becomes overwhelmed. Each day I wake, I pray for my children that they would love the Lord with all their heart. I never imagined that one of my prayers would be to have my children respect me and that they would grow up to be respectable. I never imagined having such a deep feeling of responsibility to raise Godly children. I never imagined that it would mean so much to me. I never imagined to want Godly wisdom so much...
But, here I am. All of this is happening and what am I going to do about it? I'm going to raise my children right -- no matter what. I'm going to keep them surrounded in a Godly atmosphere. I will lead an exemplary life so my children would know that it's deep in my heart too.

3 comments:

Janell said...

That's awesome, Mish....hopefully you got a chance to go to some of those Ladies Panel talks, where Sis Wilson lead talks about raising children. The Rock Church women have so much knowledge of raising kids in a Godly home, I'm sure that you'll do awesome with that kind of heritage we have.
Love you tons!

Music Eloquence said...

You'll do awesome girl. I believe in you whole-heartedly. Isn't it the most scary, but at the same time awesome, burden? I can relate with you.

We try to make it a habit to pray with Noah every night... or sometimes at random intervals throughout the day. Well, the other day I was driving down the road... right before I called you on my way to Huntsville. I heard "Ohhhhh Jesus." I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Noah with his hands partially over his eyes. And with no prompting from me he began to repeat that over and over and even had the squinting eye mechanism going on. I couldn't contain myself and I just began to cry and thank God. There's no greater joy than to see my child loving the Lord with all His heart.

Margaret said...

:) Its funny because ever since Riley was born I've been praying differently and spending a lot of time praying for her. Praying that I raise her to love and serve God.

You're such an amazing woman Misha, and God is going to bless you. He already has and will continue to do so.