Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The beauty of...



LOVE: So, my mom and brother flew in on the 19th of November in anticipation of Roma's arrival, but she decided to make everyone break a sweat and show up a week late! I was fretting that I would have to induce just so my mom could be here to see the newest addition to the family. Well, after my fall, I gave up thinking that she would appear before my mom would have to fly back. But, of course, she had her own schedule and showed up early Thanksgiving morning -- without any coaxing. From the moment of her arrival my mother kicked into high gear, mother-mode and took charge of the house. She cleaned, cooked and kept the house in working order. My brother was the official entertainer for Cylas and they kept the noise level almost unbearable at all times. My mom was such a tremendous help and I'm very sad that she's gone. Today is my first day without training wheels and I'm so nervous! Thankfully, Roma is not a fussy baby and I am able to set her down to make sure certain chores are finished. This morning I almost lost my marbles trying to juggle feeding her and making sure Cylas didn't try to make his own breakfast! It was much easier when my mom was here; she is an early riser and would have things cooking in the kitchen without so much as a thought. I'm so, so grateful that my mom was here to help me. I will miss her a lot. Thank you mom!!

2 comments:

Faith Maria Lopez said...

Lovely, I just picked up mom and Sky and they are safe back at home. Hey, nice shirt, where did you get it....? :-)

Michelle said...

Thank you for your sweet comments Misha.

You run such an efficient house that it was easy to step in and help. Thank you for inspiring me to try different recipes. I've always wanted to know how to make Quiche. I love you lots and am very proud of you.