Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ministry...Vision...


Ok, so, I was on the phone with my little sister the other day and we were talking about life and our ideas. She mentioned that at a recent staff meeting the subject of having a ministry and vision arose. Her exact words were "have a vision for your ministry". My mind started working. I just love it when my thoughts, that tend to lurk unfocused in the background come to the forefront.
Subconsciously, I have been thinking about my "ministry" and what I'm supposed to be doing with my life. It seems like this move to Pennsylvania is going to be one big open door and am I going to produce fruit when I walk through it!? Ministry, ministry: it sounds through my mind like a heart beat. I've been told that I have many talents...but, which one is the golden ticket?? Which is the one that I need to use as a light for the world and a testimony? Recently, my desire to be a journalist resurfaced. I haven't felt that tug in a long time. But, I imagined myself with a tape recorder up to my mouth talking about someone's incredible testimony in their search for God.
But, my greatest fear is that I'll never make anything of myself and I'll be just another person who "lives for God". I mean, I'm not young ...well, really young, anymore. The time is now or never. So, the first step I'm going to take is to write down the talents that I want to make sure grow and then, I'm going to make a plan as to how to grow them. I'm a little scared and I feel like this is way bigger than I am. Ok, God, here I am...let's go
Misha

1 comment:

Kari Morgan said...

Yes you have many MANY talents-you are just one package deal!!! I am excited for you and David...I know God has great things in store for you guys. Don't be scared!!! You can handle it-with God ALL things are possible!!!