Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Year...already?

I suppose it's time to start making my list of all of the great things I want to do for myself in the coming year. To be truthful, I don't think I've ever made a list. I've thought about things that I'd like to do and I've agreed with others as they expressed their new year desires but, I have never decided to myself that "Yes, Misha, this year you're going to change....blah". I've heard it's good to write things down...So, I'll try it...for the first time.
Recently, I mentioned to David that as a young girl I had a motto it was this: "Always make an impression wherever you go." And I've tried to keep to this for the eleven some odd years since I made it. Well folks, I'm going to renew my promise to myself this coming year in '08. I want that my character would be something to be remembered and that it would impact people in a positive way. This is a part of myself that I've always worked on but, I'm going to work on it even more. Another New Year promise of mine is to made a conserted effort to invite people over and be a good hostess. It's so easy to let your life control you instead of you controlling your life.
I'm getting nervous now because I'm sure I could sit here and write down a whole host of different areas in my life that I would like to improve but, I won't. I'll just stick to a few and when those are done I'll work on the rest. So, for my last New Year promise I would like to make our house into a Godly home...
The list of my short comings could fill a small book but, these are my priorities for now.

1 comment:

Music Eloquence said...

That's so funny. Jeremy wants to start something like a passion based ministry for hosting a dinner for fellowship or outreach purposes or both. How ironic is that?! (Whoa major run-sentence).

I totally hear you... about the new years resolution thing. I want to be better and definitely make a difference in every capacity God involves me. I really hope this year brings wonderful things for you Meesh.. my very dear and precious friend.