Sunday, April 24, 2011

Conscious Decisions


Irritated. 
It's no secret that I have had a hard time adjusting to living here...but I'd like to think that I'm living a pretty motivated lifestyle, to say the least.  Since we moved here, a little over three years ago, I have checked off more than half of my "I am going to do this before we leave" list.  That's a lot to be proud of.  But it seems like people hang on to the fact that I don't care to live here.  There is a multitude of reasons I could give as to why, but that is neither here nor there.  Frankly, I just want people to STOP caring about my preference and enjoy being my friend instead.  

There was a conscious decision made, on my part, to support my husband in this move out here so he could get an education.  I know this.  Please don't act like I'm the ONLY person on planet earth who has made a decision and had to find a way to live around the "uncomfortable" parts.  I've not been a complete saint and kept my grumblings to myself, but I eventually learned to turn my frustration into motivation.  Thank God, because I was driving myself nuts!

Bottom line, I am VERY thankful we moved here because I have learned so much about myself, good bad and the ugly :/ , grown stronger through trials, gained irreplaceable knowledge and created friendships with precious people.

Just asking people to forgive the fact that I'm a die-hard for California.  If you dare to ask, I will tell you where my heart is...but don't hold it against me.

No comments: