Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The lost art of being...


A neighbor!  A neighbor.  Who would have thought that being a neighbor could be an art.  But it is.  Imagine.  When was the last time you went to your neighbor's house with cookies, cakes or even a casserole in hand?  Probably, never?  Yeah, it's not that easy to do these days and we have so many excuses NOT to.  What if my neighbor is an axe murderer?  Hahah.  It's funny but, unfortunately, in some cases it's not too far fetched.  However, last night our very sweet Mennonite neighbors came over with a fresh baked angel cake in hand and children in tow.  Resurrect the Jesus in me.  It did.  What is my problem and what ever happened to loving my neighbor??  Now, before I make myself sound like a complete ogre, I do give food to my next door neighbors and when our garden is in bloom I give them fresh veggies.  But, they live five steps and a jump from my front door.  Going around the block seems like too much.  Not any more.  This year we're going to take cookies to the neighbors over the far field.  What a memory for my children.  Baking and making only to give it and smile.  Yes, I think this is what the Christmas spirit is all about.  It's the time of year where being nice isn't odd or freaky.  It's expected.  And you should do it.

Ho, ho, ho and a bottle of rum sparkling apple cider.  Watch out Mennonites, because here the Kelbatyrovs come!

7 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Hey this is true! I need to become a better neighbor too!!!

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm new on here, I hit upon this board I have found It amply helpful & its helped me loads. I hope to contribute and support other users like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Around

Anonymous said...

Whats's Up i am new to this. I came upon this board I have found It exceedingly accessible and it has helped me out so much. I hope to give something back and assist other users like it has helped me.

Thank's, Catch You Later.

Anonymous said...

Greetings i'm new on here, I came accross this site I find It vastly useful & it's helped me a great deal. I should be able to contribute and assist others like its helped me.

Thanks, Catch You Later

Anonymous said...

Whats's Up im new on here. I hit upon this chat board I have found It vastly useful & its helped me tons. I hope to give something back and assist others like it has helped me.

Thanks Everyone, See Ya About.

Anonymous said...

Sup i'm fresh here, I stumbled upon this site I have found It amply accommodating & it's helped me out so much. I hope to give something back & help others like its helped me.

Cheers, See You Later.

Anonymous said...

Howdy i am fresh to this, I stumbled upon this forum I have found It positively useful and it's helped me out alot. I hope to contribute and help other users like its helped me.

Thanks, Catch You Later.