Friday, November 7, 2008

Ode to Romalise

So, on my way home from the library I was listening to the classical station and they played a piece that was composed especially for the birth of the composers son...it was short and sweet and sung by a woman in an operatic voice and it inspired me to write a little something for our daughter. Now, I'm no classical composer or a fancy music artist, but I enjoy creating pictures with my words...and so:

As your little body first forms, my thoughts too follow a birthing course
In the womb, your heart beats a quick, fast pattern pulsing out the unmistakable sign of life
and my heart too pulsates feeding you as you grow, we grow together
At first the time is labeled as weeks, then it is months and then the days until your arrival
My stomach rounds as it makes room for your little body
you reassure me daily that you're still there, you kick, hiccup and push at your ever shrinking cocoon
The day you arrive will be always be yours and you will always be mine
Come to us soon my little butterfly

1 comment:

JanaFloyd said...

Wow. That is beautiful. How wonderful that you wrote a song for your baby! Creativity strikes again!