Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's Fall-ing

As of four nights ago, we have started to use our heater! Gracious, it's cold. And last night, for the first time, we could see our breath as we stood outside talking. We invited a couple from the church over last night and I cooked chicken artichoke casserole. It was suuuper delish! Anyway, it feels like winter to me, but this is only the beginning of Fall! It's going to be a cold one this year, so they say. And I'm thinking, "Give a Cali-girl a break". hahahah
Last night, David made butter from the milk we get at the neighboring farm. it took him almost 45 minutes to get the stuff to harden! But, he got a whole stick of fresh churned butter and used it this morning on his biscuits. He informed me that butter making should become a part of our weekly chores...hahah. He's excited about it. It's just more fun to keep us occupied in the winter months!
I've started my search for warm winter coats and snowsuits for Cylas. He's definitely going to want to frolic in the snow. Uhm, I'll leave the frolicing to him and David. I'm very content to sit inside and sit hot cocoa and read a REEeeaaLLy good book! There isn't too much to write about at this point, only that I'm seven weeks away from having our little girl, we FINALLY bought a couch and we have a desk and shelf setup that fits so nicely into our sitting area. I'll take photos soon...

1 comment:

Janell said...

"I'm very content to sit inside and sit hot cocoa and read a REEeeaaLLy good book!" DITTO!!!! =)
Great job on the butter-making, you guys are impressive with all your food experiments!